Peter Brook

Peter Brook
Just me

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello and Welcome

Hi everyone. My name is Peter Brook and I am an actor.
I'm 40 years old and am just starting out on my journey.
I grew up in the entertainment industry having been in the classical ballet, TV and film from a young age.
That being said I quit my careers about 15 years ago and have only recently decided to venture back into performing: facing my self, my past, my demons and my desires.
I've been studying scene study and acting technique for about a year and have no acting credits to my name, as of yet.
My goal is to create a safe place here where performers of all levels feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and feelings about themselves and their craft so that we can support one another.
Since I'm focusing on acting I'd love to hear from actors just starting out. God is it hard. You feel so lost and alone. I anticipate for those working actors and performers who want to be of service, that this will become a place for you to share your experience strength and hope with us all.
Most importantly I want us to feel safe to share whatever is going on underneath the day to day stresses of striving to be the best performers we can be.
I know it's hard. Trust me I've got all the seeming external factors against me: age and lack of experience.
But I do believe, with others' support and guidance that I, along with all of you, can achieve the dreams the Little Kid inside of me had so long ago.
I'm hoping you'll chose to share your hardships and your triumphs: your success is my success! I want to hear about it all.
So here's to getting honest, sharing, self-love and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment